It’s the WTYKY Podcast’s 25th Podcast Milestone! We’ve bee producing these at a solid 4-5-episodes-a-year clip, and we saved up all of the best stuff for this occasion. This episode includes how we finally forced the team to adopt the logo and jersey we’ve been demanding for literally years and the results of the most important draft in franchise history. Luke Peristy, James, and Varada are here to get you through the pandemic with the Ottawa Senators Podcast three out of 10 physicians agree has a 14 percent chance of enhancing antibodies under very specific conditions.
In the second part of WTYKY’s Draft Podcast Extravaganza, Luke and James talk to Hockey Prospect’s Brad Allen about:
– Lucas Raymond vs. Jack Quinn vs. Seth Jarvis
– Why Tristen Robins and Ridly Grieg got moved up his list
– Why Jamie Drysdale moved down his list
– Who should Ottawa swing for the fences with in the 2nd round
– Zayde Wisdom!!!
James and Luke are back with HockeyProspect.com’s Brad Allen to discuss next week’s NHL draft and the players that YOUR Ottawa Senators could be taking. How much should you be panicking? We will tell you! Worried? You will be! Topics in this episode include:
– Quinton Byfield: How much seasoning does he need?
– Should the Senators take Yaroslav Askarov 3rd overall or 5th overall?
– Why do scouts love Jake Sanderson?
In this episode, James and Luke interview Brad Allen of hockeyprospect.com about the 1st round of the upcoming draft. Discussions include:
– Tim Stuetzle vs. Quinton Byfield
– Marco Rossi vs. Jack Quinn
– How good is Alexis Lafreniere really?
– Possible spicy first round picks
– Possible bland and mild first round picks
– Brady Tkachuk
– Yaroslav Askarov
– How big is this draft for Ottawa really?
In this episode, James and Luke discuss trade deadline madness, Bobby Ryan’s return to the lineup, and more!
In this episode, James, Varada and extra special guest Chet Sellers discuss:
- The Ottawa Senators suck the life energy from the San Jose Sharks, Emperor Palpatine style!
- The Sens have many players of varying quality on expiring contracts and we share the latest on where we think they might land based on what we’re hearing from our extensive network of well-connected insiders!
- Some much-needed Borowiecki love after having spent hours on previous podcasts using him as an example of why the Senators are stupid!
- The 2020 NHL draft: the most consequential moment in modern franchise history!
In this episode: Luke and James discuss having hope again, ask what’s going on with Bobby Ryan, decide whether they could trade Jean-Gabriel Pageau for the good of the rebuild, congratulate Nick Paul on finally finishing his development, consider the plight of Erik Brannstrom, check in on the Sharks’ first round pick, and read some journalism about how Mike Babcock should be fired.
In which @Luke_H_Peristy and Varada confirm that hockey is a hobby that they share and the Senators are the team they watch most often. They also confirm via analysis that re-signing Chabot was good because he, as a player, is good. We also re-litigate the Zibanejad trade (preview: who cares?) and agree that when the Ottawa Senators went to the conference finals slapped.
Luke and Varada talk about a few Sens and Sens-adjacent issues, like Phaneuf’s recent buy-out, Chris Wideman’s eternal regret, and Erik Karlsson’s potential return, before talking about the Raptors and basketball for a much longer amount of time.
It’s the first night of the NHL playoffs, and the day after the draft lottery. It’s time for us to check in with our feelings and decide, once and for all, if Brady Tkachuk is our Supervisor. (He is.) We also talk about the New Jersey Devils, Carolina Hurricanes, Brian Gibbons and Alex Ovechkin, who are roughly as good as one another, Logan Brown’s dad, and tailgating at a Lions game.